Thursday, November 12, 2015

The life of Ovid.

While writing my Doc 3 paper this past week, I had a hard time trying to think of what I was going to write and how I was going to write it. A helpful thing was that I got to pick what I wanted to write about, and how I wanted to do it. Once I had a game plan, I finally sat down and typed the paper. It took me about 4 hours to complete. but I still haven't done my conclusion. I have a few sentences but nothing that counts as a conclusion. What helped me stay on task was the need for a good grade, but also because I had a support system. I have my school group that we all talk about the assignments and give each other ideas. My mom and fiance also helped me sit down and do the paper. I am not sure if anything hindered me from doing my paper, other than that I procrastinate everything.  I am not sure why but when I do wait to do my work I do a better job. I work better under pressure. And the whole task was to take our wiki project and put together a paper and we could use our opinion, so staying on task as the assignment was not a problem at all. The assignment was wide open to how we wanted to do it as long as we did what the few requirements were.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about procrastination. It seems like at the beginning of each semester I tell myself that I won't do it, but I always seem to regress back into old habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all fall into the same rut when it comes to procrastination. We tell ourselves not this time but at-least for me I fall back into these old habits

    ReplyDelete