Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Barrel of a 45....

I personally do not have a favorite song, i like a wide variety of music. This ranges from Luke Bryan, NWA, Shinedown, Boys like girls, All American Rejects, and so on. Well what I am getting at is, my mood, and what my fiance listens to (mostly shinedown) depends on what i listen to as well. All songs have a meaning, and i would even call it a beautiful meaning. My fiances' favorite song at the moment is from Shinedown 45. When you listen to the lyrics you expect it to be about a gun. The chorus of the song is "staring down the barrel of a 45", so i always thought it was about a gun. Then he let me listen to a speech given by one of the song writes/singers. When I sat down and listened to him explain what the song was about it made sense.  It was about his friends family member, maybe his cousin who was depressed and thought that no one loved him ect. He was having depressing thoughts and on a specific occasion the cousin was late to their house where people were waiting. d When the friend of the song writer went to find his cousin, he noticed that the door was locked and there was no noise coming from inside. Long story short, the cousin tried to commit suicide ultimately he failed. The cousin did not have the courage to do it. What makes this song beautiful is that he did not and could not fulfill the action. That he lived and that he gets to live his life. I also fins beats, even if it is a rock beat beautiful. I think it is beautiful that people have the talent to create such great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment