Friday, September 4, 2015

Erotic, Yes Or No?

As we were in groups creating our PowerPoint on what we thought eroticism was, it was difficult to create. Everyone has their own idea of what is erotic. I have never had an idea before, and I never gave it a thought. As our group was thinking of an idea, I was wondering what my outlook was. Growing up my parents did not shield me from media, or the factors of growing up. They let me grow up and learn about sex, and sexual behaviors. Depending on how the person was raised I think is how their ideas differ towards erotic things, and as a person’s ages get older their ideas change. When I think of erotic, I get the idea of chains and whip. Not until class did I start to think that simple “I love you” “my love”. No matter where you look in this age, there is erotic references everywhere. In our music, our literature, our television shows, movies, art and dramas. So really the question is what is erotic to you.  

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kim! My group had to present first and we were definitely not ready. I agree that the term erotic is different for everyone. When he first said erotic, I thought the same thing, chains and whips. It was cool to see how people have a different idea, though. Good luck in presenting! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my view of eroticism before class discussion was similar to yours (focused around S&M type things and just fetishes in general). It seems to just depend on the person. Some of it (like any ads that could be labeled as erotic like that BK "7 inch sandwich" one) can even be comical in nature at first glance (like "who thought of that" though it might not be funny for the person involved http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/unwitting-star-burger-kings-blow-job-ad-finally-lashes-out-company-159347 )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad I had not presented that day. My group was not at all ready and listening to others groups actually help put a better perspective on eroticism in my mind. I think eroticism is desire. ill keep it short and sweet and will save the rest for my group presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of us, before this class, thought whips and chains was what was erotic. I believe that the media has heavily played a part making it seem that way. It is interesting though coming to the realization that eroticism can be found all around you and is not just what you see on t.v. or in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eroticism is never as easy a topic as people think it is, but that's because we don't really talk about it much.

    ReplyDelete